UNIDIR regularly delivers quarterly briefings for all United Nations regional groups covering a diverse range of disarmament and arms control topics.
Past briefings have supported regional groups e.g. in their preparations for review conferences, meetings of states parties or for sessions of Open-Ended Working Groups, but have also shared best practices and socialised the use of UNIDIR’s tools.
Recent regional briefings have covered:
- Unlocking the Potential of UNIDIR’s Digital Tools in the Context of the OEWG 2021-2025 Cybersecurity Discussions (May 2023)
- Regional Briefings: Preparations for the Fifth Review Conference of the Chemical Weapons Convention (April 2023)
- Best Practices for Gender Equality in Conventional Arms Control: Lessons from Mine Action, SALW Control and Weapons and Ammunition Management (November 2022)
- Preparing States for the 2023 Sessions of the Open-ended Working Group (OEWG) on Security of and In the Use Of Information and Communications Technologies 2021-2025 (September 2022)
- Preparations for the Biennial Meeting of States on the Programme of Action on Small Arms and Light Weapons (June 2022)
- Preparations for the 1972 Biological Weapons Convention (March 2022)