Pavel is a Senior Researcher in the WMD Programme at UNIDIR. His current research focuses on nuclear disarmament, arms control and nuclear security. Pavel started his work at the Centre for Arms Control Studies at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology (MIPT). He is also a researcher with the Programme on Science and Global Security at Princeton University and a member of the International Panel on Fissile Materials. He runs his own research project on Russian Nuclear Forces. He holds a PhD in Political Science from the Moscow Institute of World Economy and International Relations and a master’s degree in Physics from MIPT, Russia. He speaks English and Russian.
Pavel’s areas of expertise include nuclear disarmament, arms control, fissile materials, verification, nuclear security
- Freeze and Verify: Ending Fissile Material Production on the Korean Peninsula
- Watch them Go: Simplifying the Elimination of Fissile Materials and Nuclear Weapons
- Evidence of Absence: Verifying the Removal of Nuclear Weapons
- Deferred Verification: Verifiable Declarations of Fissile Material Stocks
- Lock them Up: Zero-deployed Non-strategic Nuclear Weapons in Europe