In 2015, UN Group of Governmental Experts on Advancing responsible State behaviour in cyberspace in the context of international security (GGE) proposed a set of voluntary norms of responsible State behaviour in cyberspace, subsequently unanimously adopted by the UN General Assembly.
This multi-stakeholder dialogue intends to elaborate the particular GGE recommendation suggesting “States should not knowingly allow their territory to be used for internationally wrongful acts using ICTs.”
With a view to foster a better understanding of this complex norm, the dialogue seeks to inform UNIDIR’s ongoing research on operationalization of the norms of responsible State behaviour. Specifically, the dialogue aims to indicate convergences and divergences in the interpretation of the norm and to provide valuable addition to future international processes discussing this topic. In addition to the reducing of the normative ambiguity, the dialogue also seeks to identify potential implementation good practices.
13:00 – 13:55 Panel 1: The concept of the internationally wrongful act and potential thresholds triggering the GGE norm C
Presenter: Dr Talita de Souza Dias (University of Oxford)
- Ms Johanna Weaver (UN Group of Governmental Experts on Developments in the Field of Information and Telecommunications in the Context of International Security (GGE) Representative, Australia)
- Professor Zhixiong Huang (Wuhan University, Institute for Cyber Governance)
14:00 – 14:55 Panel 2: Concepts of knowledge and territory in the context of the norm
Presenter: Professor Marco Roscini, Westminster Law School
- Ms Anastasiya Kazakova, Kaspersky
- Ms Wieteke Theeuwen, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of The Netherlands
15:00 – 16:00 Panel 3: Scope and standard of the expected State behavior
Presenter: Professor Masahiro Kurosaki (National Defense Academy, Japan)
- Ms Camille Gufflet (European External Action Service)
- Mr Nemanja Malisevic (Microsoft)
WHEN & WHERE
12 May 2021 | 13.00-16.00 CEST | Virtual Conference
Limited to Government Representatives
Kindly RSVP by Friday 7 May 2021. Registration is mandatory.
For any questions, contact Andraz Kastelic: email@example.com