Focuses on the issues that countries should consider when elaborating or reviewing national cybersecurity strategies
Prepared for facilitating the exchange of information on best practices, related to cybersecurity issues and to meet the stated goal of the Global Cybersecuriry Agenda
• To address programme policy aspects of the work and to foster coordination and collaboration within the United Nations system
• Offered report to the High-Level Committee on Programmes at its 28th session in November 2014
• Physical centres hosted by an ITU Member State to act as the regional ITU focal point for cybersecurity issues as well as deliver ITU’s cybersecurity services to all partner countries within the agreed regional scope
• First centre set up in Oman
• Responsible for building confidence and security in the use of information and communication technologies (ICT)
• Currently working on cybersecurity; security management; security architectures and frameworks; among others.